Elasmogen Ltd is a multi-award-winning next generation therapeutic biologics company discovering and developing soloMERs™ for the treatment of oncology and autoimmune mediated inflammatory diseases. Currently located on the Foresterhill Health Campus, Aberdeen, and part of the city’s thriving biologics cluster, Elasmogen will be moving into the £40 million state-of-the-art Aberdeen life sciences BioHub also located on the Foresterhill Health Campus which represents one of Europe’s largest integrated clinical, research, teaching and commercial health sites. Elasmogen’s technology is a unique single domain (soloMER™) platform exploiting the power of biologics as drugs but simpler and in more effective formats. The Elasmogen team is led by industry professionals who have secured significant funding to support the commercialisation of its validated and IP-protected soloMER™ generation platforms and its pipeline of products in late-stage, pre-clinical development.
We are seeking experienced, multi-talented, and self-driven scientist(s)/senior scientist(s) for the design, engineering, and functional validation of novel antibody-like drugs. The successful candidate(s) will play a key role in the optimisation and delivery of our next-generation biologic therapeutics, with a focus on molecular protein engineering through rational design, computational engineering, or display technology. This is a unique opportunity to join our dynamic and highly motivated team to drive the development of soloMER therapeutics for unmet medical needs. You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, an understanding of antibody discovery workflows and to deliver on milestones and company objectives. As a team member of this ambitious company, you will have access to considerable expertise and training, networking, and the opportunity to identify and establish new collaborations and partners to support your career and professional development.
This position requires effective participation with team members on diverse programmes, i.e., immunology, oncology, protein sciences, structural biology, and CMC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently drive a project and support other cross-functional projects in the design and execution of the program strategies and goals.
- Perform protein engineering to optimise and deliver therapeutic soloMER candidates.
- Design and select fit for purpose soloMER formats.
- Employ cutting-edge computational tools in protein engineering.
- Coordinate with third party service provides and partners to monitor outsourcing activities and ensure timely delivery of milestone data to advance portfolios.
- Analyse, archive, and present data, both in written reports, oral presentations, and contribution to patents and peer reviewed publications.
- Experience with computational protein engineering, antibody paratope-epitope modelling, cloud, or high-performance computing (e.g AWS, GCP) and AI/ML to model sequence protein engineering to reduce immunogenicity, and next-generation sequencing (NGS) – protein engineering candidate.
- Experience of protein, peptide and traditional small molecule analytical testing using analytical techniques such as NMR, SEC MALS, BLI/SPR, HPLC, UPLC, GCMS, LCMS/MS and GC – protein chemist.
- Expertise of cutting-edge biologics formats including bi-, multi-specific and ADC biologics.
- Molecular biology skills and cell biology assay experience.
- Proven ability to learn new techniques, problem solving, and sustained record of productivity.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential with a commitment to working as part of a team and recognising the strengths of everyone on the team.
- Good understanding of display technologies and drug discovery workflows
- Knowledge of immunology and/or autoimmune inflammatory diseases.
- Familiar with-conjugation of small molecules to protein scaffolds.
PhD in biological science, including at least 3-5 years of recent structural biology, computational biology/chemistry, protein engineering, or related field, or a BSc with MSc plus 3-5 years of relevant experiences in an industrial research setting.
The positions offered depends on the experience level of the candidates.
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Preferred Start Date: 1st November 2022
Application process: Please submit a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com no later than 23:59 (BST) on the 9th September 2021.
For informal enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com