JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant /Laboratory Technician
To work within Elasmogen, providing support for the company’s finance and scientific research activities by ensuring the smooth running of company’s labs and financial processes within the organisation.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
1. Using our Finance System (Xero), responsible for all day-to-day finance administration, including all financial activities such as: for purchasing goods and services via Purchase Order and Purchase Card, raising invoice requests and BACS payment requests, bookings and making travel arrangements for staff and research students and processing journals.
2. In conjunction with the Operations Manager, to proactively monitor budgets and cashflow.
3. To purchase stock/consumables and manage the administrative documentation (eg delivery notes, invoices) appropriately and liaise with suppliers to place orders and troubleshoot issues (e.g. follow up on order requests)
1. To maintain, calibrate, clean and test laboratory equipment. Make arrangements with a third party when required (repair).
2. To clean, dry and autoclave labware
3. To organise/ prepare waste disposal: autoclave waste; order bins, bags and tags.
4. To monitor and maintain stocks of consumables
5. To prepare stock solutions (buffers, media) and agar plates.
6. To write and carry out the risk assessments
7. To organise datasheets, manuals and SOPs
8. To undertake when required additional lab work following standard protocols such as ELISA, SDS-PAGE, cell culturing, protein expression and purification.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter by 5pm on 16.07.2021 to email@example.com
Elasmogen Ltd (www.elasmogen.com) is a multi-award winning spin-out biotech company from the University of Aberdeen, and part of the growing biologics drug discovery cluster in the Aberdeen city area. Elasmogen will become one of the anchor tenants in Opportunity North East’s £40 M Bio-Hub due to open in 2022.
Elasmogen promotes Diversity and Equal Opportunities.